That came out good but it was dense, tasted a little eggy and just fell short of what I wanted. Then I just cut out the butter all together and just creamed the sugar and salt with cream cheese and used half the eggs. This came out wonderful. It was fluffy and you can taste the cream cheese but it's not overpowering. If you want you can beat some cream cheese and thin it out just a bit with milk and swirl it into the cake to give it more cream cheesiness goodness. And the cake looks so pretty that you could go without frosting it. Although I don't see why anyone would ever want to do that. *-)
Stacey's Cream Cheese Cake
8 ounces cream cheese
8.7 ounces sugar
.06 ounces salt
.14 ounces vanilla
10 ounces flour
.4 ounces baking powder
10 ounces milk
- Weigh all ingredients and let them sit til it reaches room temperature.
- Cream the cream cheese until smooth then add sugar and salt and cream til fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating til just incorporated each time then add vanilla. Beat til just incorporated.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder. Add half the flour mixture to batter. Beat til just incorporated.
- Add milk and beat til, you guessed it, incorporated.
- Add the rest of the flour mixture and beat til incorporated.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Makes enough to fill one 8" x 3" round pan