I've already gotten quite a bit of feedback about this on my facebook profile. And, I must say, this peach sorbet was quite good and very easy to make. So break out your ice cream makers and get cracking. Click on the link or scroll down a little.
2 pounds fresh peaches
1 1/2 cups simple syrup (recipe follows)
Juice of 1 lemon
- cut, pit and peel peaches
- blend peaches, simple syrup and lemon juice in blender or food processor until smooth, do in batches if necessary
- at this point follow the instructions on your ice cream maker and process until thickened (it will not be super thick like sorbet, of course, until it is frozen)
- scoop out into a plastic container that can go into the freezer
- enjoy with some whipped cream, a sweetened biscuit (a la cobbler), or a fruit syrup
2 cups water
2 cups sugar
- heat in a saucepan until sugar is dissolved, bring to a quick boil, then cool before using
- store leftover syrup in fridge, can be used in sweet tea, coffee, etc.