Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Lovely Bunch of Coconuts... or Actually Just One

I haven't done a cake related quote in my last two posts and I kinda like them so here's one that reminds me of one person in particular and I have a friend who knows exactly who I'm talking about. 

"She tells enough white lies to ice a wedding cake."
Margot Asquith

In cake related news my lovely mom got me a coconut today so I could experiment and tomorrow I make a cake with it! I wish I could show you how I massacred it but I was too into prying it open to document it. Maybe next time. But I got the coconut water (a whole two cups) out of it successfully (meaning I didn't get it all over the kitchen counter and floor). 

In bread related news... I just took challah out of the oven and my house smells heavenly. Silly me let it overproof but it was going to be bread pudding or French Bread anyways. I've got a guy at school that likes my bread pudding and gave me an idea for a new recipe.

Until next time...






2 comments:

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

I assume I'm the friend who knows who you're talking about, in which case, you are exactly right.

I want some of your challah! I've been seeing it in every recipe book I pick up lately, but I've never made or tasted it!

A Slice of Concentrated Love said...

Challah is the best. I just made french toast for dinner with it and it was oh so yummy.