Friday, January 9, 2009

This is my cupcake.

And this is me trying to make dinner with my cupcake.

Now back to business. I made a chocolate cake for that consultation on Tuesday and later that day my mom tried some of what I had left over and commented on how dry it was. I always have this issue with basic chocolate cake recipes. You know, the ones on the sides of flour boxes or in the most basic of recipe books. Well, I took the same recipe and finally tried greek yogurt in place of the milk and I also cut the flour by a quarter cup and it was perfect. I've always heard about greek yogurt to help a dry cake but never had it around. But lately I've been snacking on it so it's in the house. I've tried sour cream in place of milk (and it works) but I like the flavor and texture of greek yogurt better.


So anyways, I didn't do anything on the edge or crazy but I got to play around and have fun. But now I have to get a hold of the couple to see if they want to give it another try.

“Your good friend has just taken a piece of cake out of the garbage and eaten it. You will probably need this information when you check me into the Betty Crocker Clinic.” -Cynthia Nixon (as Miranda)

3 comments:

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Where do you find all those nifty cake quotes?

Have you tried the chocolate cake recipe on the back of Hershey's cocoa powder? It's really yummy and soft!

PS: Kerah is so cute (I hope I'm spelling her name right...) =D

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

PPS: Share some of that greek yogurt! It's so good with muesli and honey!

A Slice of Concentrated Love said...

I LOVE Greek yogurt and honey. I have it everyday!